Looking for Maryland Wear & Carry Classes? They are now separated into a Day 1 & Day 2 class – so you can choose the best 2 days for you!! You must register for Day 1 – put it into your cart, then register for Day 2, then check out. We now have weekend and weekday options thru the end of December!!
Our goal is to train you at YOUR level, whether you've never touched a firearm, want to get your MD HQL, a concealed carry permit, defend your home or compete in USPSA or 3-Gun. We also offer classes in Emergency First Aid, Church/Work Countering the Mass Shooter & Emergency Preparedness. And, we have classes to teach your kids about firearm safety. We've tried to categorize our classes to match where you are in your firearms journey. Look through these categories to see which class is right for you.
Our Basic Firearms Training – 5-hours Class is for everyone. Here are the topics we cover and the categories of students that have enjoyed this class.
- Designed for someone who has never touched a firearm, but is a good review for experienced firearm owners
- All-inclusive – students don’t need to bring anything – firearm, ammunition, eye & ear protection, a notepad & pen, coffee, water & snacks are provided
- MD Residents who need the training to apply for their HQL – Handgun Qualification License – this class exceeds those minimum requirements
- PA & MD Residents who want to learn safe firearms handling & legal use of a firearm – we cover the law for both states!
- Rules of firearm safety – reinforced with video and discussion – these rules must NEVER be broken!!
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Stance, grip, sight alignment & picture, breath & trigger control & follow-thru
- This 7 fundamentals are taught via lecture and then done hands-on w/ plastic handguns before going outside and using a real firearm
- Legal use of force – what are the elements that must be in place to claim self-defense
- Emergency first aid – use of a tourniquet, chest seal and trauma dressing
- Dry-fire & practice techniques
- HQL process and fees
- Parents can bring their children under 18 to this class for half-price with coupon code “KidsSAFE50”. We’ve had children as young as 7 attend with their parents. You determine your child’s maturity in learning this material. Kids have the option of shooting a sound suppressed .22 LR instead of the 9mm Sig Sauer P320.
Our Basic Firearms Training for Women Only – 5-hours Class is for our female students. The material is exactly the same as the Basic Firearms Training – 5-hours Class listed above except that all ADULT students are FEMALE. Students are welcome to bring their children under 18 years of age for half tuition using coupon code “KidsSAFE50”. Important note, female students may bring their sons, so there is the possibility of under 18 years old male students being in class. The intent of this structure is to allow women to take a firearms education class WITHOUT their husbands being present.
Beginner’s are welcome!!
This 2-day course satisfies Maryland’s Wear & Carry 16-hour training requirement. It is also recommended, but not required, to carry a firearm in Pennsylvania. We will also complete the requirements to apply for a non-resident concealed carry permit in Florida & Virginia. Your certificate may also be used to apply for a concealed handgun permit in other states. AND – we’ll teach how to get your MD HQL for FREE!
This 1-day course satisfies Maryland’s Wear & Carry 8-hour training renewal requirement. It is also recommended, but not required, to carry a firearm in Pennsylvania. We will also complete the requirements to apply for a non-resident concealed carry permit in Florida.